Expected School-Wide Learning Outcomes and Commitments
Civic Responsibility - San Marino High School students will:
• Demonstrate a commitment to service beyond self
• Model strong citizenship with school, community, nation, and the world
• Demonstrate a knowledge of critical issues
Critical Thinking - San Marino High School students will:
• Demonstrate the ability to make choices based upon well reasoned strategies
• Analyze and evaluate complex issues, problems, and events
Post Secondary Preparation - San Marino High School students will:
• Demonstrate mastery of the basic skills of reading, language arts, and math
• Be prepared to successfully enter college and the work force
Technological Proficiency - San Marino High School students will:
• Demonstrate proficiency in all skills necessary to acquire, process, and communicate information through the use of technology
San Marino High School will provide a safe environment both physically and emotionally for all students and adults. All members of our educational community will demonstrate respect for each other. Students will respect educators for the effort educators make to help students to succeed both in and out of school. Educators will respect each student as a unique individual with unique needs and abilities. Adults will respect one another as professionals and colleagues.
All members of our educational community will strive for academic excellence. Each student will do his or her best to learn and grow academically and emotionally. Educators will demonstrate professionalism by striving to be knowledgeable in the latest trends in curriculum, remaining current in instructional strategies and practices, and seeking to create a program that other professionals will wish to emulate.
San Marino High School will be a place where all students can successfully pursue a wide variety of interest in order to enhance self esteem and increase a sense of belonging to our school.
All members of our team will measure our actions, words, and thoughts in terms of whether or not they move us closer to these goals and are in the best interests of students